First of all, don’t panic. Candle wax can easily be removed from carpets by following the simple instructions below.
- Plain kitchen roll.
- Blunt scraper, such as a butter knife.
- Ice cubes or frozen peas.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Apply the ice cubes to the wax so it cools down and solidifies.
- Use the blunt scraper to break up the solid wax. Gently scrape and vacuum up the loose wax. Continue until the only wax left is that which is in the fibers of the carpet.
- Warm the iron to a medium temperature. Be careful as you do not want to burn the carpet when using the iron.
- Fold the kitchen roll in half kitchen so you have two layers and position it over the wax.
- Place the iron on top of the paper. Allow the heat to melt the wax and you will find the wax is absorbed by the kitchen roll.
- Replace with fresh kitchen roll and continue the process.
- Soon you will find the wax is gone from the carpet.